Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG)
Product Name:Calcium Alpha ketoglutarate(Ca-AKG)
Appearance:White to off-white powder
What is it Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG)?
It is an important biomolecule found in the body, it’s one of the important intermediate products in the tricarboxylic acid cycle, a transporter of nitrogen and a symbiotic substance in molecular oxidation. It plays an important role in the metabolism of microbial cells, and is also an important precursor material for the synthesis of a variety of amino acids and proteins.
It is one of two ketone derivatives of glutaric acid and a metabolite involved in energy production and amino acid synthesis. It is also part of the Krebs cycle and a precursor for several amino acids (e.g. glutamate, glutamine, leucine, and proline).
Studies reported that Ca AKG prolong lifespan.
A multi year study at the Buck Institute for Research on aging has indicated that in animal models, Ca AKG can promote longer, healthier lives associated with a decrease in levels of inflammatory cytokines. Furthermore, the reduction in frailty was observed to be more dramatic than the increase in lifespan, suggesting that Ca AKG compresses the period of later-life suffering of disease. The same study found that it can modulate the pathways that are associated with healthy aging, including DNA de-methylation, and potentially decreases biological age as defined by the science of biological clocks.
The researchers found that mice in the test group experienced a 12% increase in lifespan, and perhaps even more significantly, a 46% reduction in frailty, and 41% increase in healthspan.
An mice study reported that it also has the function as an antioxidant.
White to off-white powder
1HNMR conforms to structure
Conclusion: This product conforms to the standards
It’s potential health-related benefits for human:
1. Long-term kidney disease (chronic kidney disease or CKD). Taking 100% pure Calcium Alpha Ketoglutarate seems to improve results of certain lab tests used to monitor the effectiveness of hemodialysis in patients receiving this treatment.
2. Tissue damage caused when there is limited blood flow and then blood flow is restored (ischemia-reperfusion injury). Administering Ca AKG by IV seems to reduce blood supply problems during heart surgery.
3. Athletic performance. A small study found that taking Ca AKG daily for 5 weeks improves athletic performance.
4. Painful conditions caused by overuse of tendons (tendinopathy). Early research shows that taking a product containing Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG) seems to improve pain and function. It's unclear if the benefits are from Ca AKG or other ingredients in this product.
5. Bacterial infections.
6. Bone health.
8. Intestinal and stomach disorders.
9. Kidney disease.
How does it work:
It works in numerous pathways within the body and follows the same catabolic pathways as amino acid, working by improving the digestion of protein in the body. It restores cellular energy and facilitates cell renewal which reduces the progression of age-related illnesses and frailty. It has protective properties from a number of the natural progression of ageing, many of which are caused by age-related inflammation and loss of bone mineral density.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of Calcium Alpha Ketoglutarate Anti-Aging Powder during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Take with or without food. Can be mixed in a meal or drink.