In the previous article, we mentioned that there are other reasons why it is easy to gain weight in winter, so in this article, we will list the first reason.
The first reason is low temperature. In winter, it is very cold outside, and there may be rain and snow. In contrary, it is very warm and comfortable in the room. So most people will choose to stay in the room as much as possible.
Under these circumstances, we take less time to walk, jog and go out. We spend more time watching TV on the couch and enjoying warm in bed. All of these will cause calorie consumption to become less.
In addition to that, our appetite will be better due to the cold weather. Craig Jackson, a professor of psychology at Birmingham City University, said in a speech that during the winter due to lack of exercise and cold weather, the hormones responsible for regulating emotions (dopamine and serotonin) in the body will change.
This leads us to yearn for more calorie dense foods that can bring happiness, such as cookies, cakes and so on. These will let us enter a vicious circle. The more inactive we are, the more we want to regulate our mood through sugary food. The fatter we are, the worse our mood will be.
In the next article we will continue to reveal the other reasons.
For any query or further information, welcome contact [email protected]. Unipharmpro would always provide you an all-in-one solution.
- Is Dark Chocolate Really a Health Food? - Ⅰ
- You Should Pay More Attention to Your Intestina...
- Smartphone and Obesity - Ⅱ
- Smartphone and Obesity - Ⅰ
- Diabetes May Helped Us Survive - Ⅱ
- Diabetes May Helped Us Survive - Ⅰ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅱ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅰ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅳ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅲ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅰ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅴ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅳ
- Turmeric Face Mask-I
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅲ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅱ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅰ
- Carbohydrate - Ⅲ
- Identification of Turmeric Root Extract
- Carbohydrate - Ⅱ