Recently, one-star shared her weight-loss experience for the past 3 months on the blog, "one month, I lost 20pounds. Bravo" By referring to the hot KD lose weight, what's exactly it is and is it really good in a so fast way to get weight-lose?
What's exactly Ketogenesis?
As we know, carbohydrates (sugar), fat, and protein are three important energizers in the human body.
In normal circumstances, our body prioritizes the decomposition of carbohydrates to provide energy, followed by fat, and finally protein. Carbohydrates (sugar), after providing us with energy, will become carbon dioxide and water, and will not produce any toxic and harmful ingredients in the body. It can be said to be a very clean energy source.
Due to our body's ability to store sugar is very poor, if it is a long time without feeding carbohydrates, the sugar reserves stored in your muscles and liver will soon be consumed, then the body needs to use fat to provide energy. So, usually, if we say carbohydrates are a clean energy source, then fat is less cleaner energy source because there are fatty acids in fat, which produce a lot of acidic residues - it is called ketones (ketone bodies) when it provides energy to the body. The process of consuming fat to produce energy while producing ketone bodies is called "ketogenesis." Therefore, we can simply equate ketogenic and digestive fat. The process of ketogenic is actually based on fat to provide energy.
What's exactly the Ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is a relatively lower-carbohydrate diet. It asks that no staple food for each day, but fat and protein as energy-provider, which can make sure the main energy-provider is not carbohydrates. In this case, fat would produce a lot of ketones. During the process of decomposing fat, fatty acids and a large number of ketones are produced, and the ketone is formed in the liver, excreted by the kidneys, and flow from the blood to various organ tissues and brains of the body for energy supply. Therefore, the basic requirements of the ketogenic diet are low-carbon water, high-fat, medium-weight protein. Specifically, it is 70% to 80% fat+10% to 20% protein +5% to 10% carbohydrates, while controlling the total daily calorie intake at around 2000 calories.
As a summary, the main principle of the ketogenic diet is to replace the carbohydrates with fat to power the body. After the body has consumed glucose, it begins to burn fat to power the body, and the body enters the ketogenic state. In the end, let the body enter a state of high-speed fat burning, and reach a weight-loss result.
Is the ketogenic diet the recommended method of weight loss?
From the current research, the ketogenic diet can play a role in weight loss in the short term. However, in the long run, there is no significant difference in the effects of the ketogenic diet and other dietary methods on body weight.
While many people will say that the ketogenic diet is still used by many doctors. But in fact, the ketogenic diet mentioned popularly is not the same as the ketogenic diet used by doctors.
When the ketogenic diet is used for clinical treatment, the dietary requirements are very strict. It not only requires more than 70% of the energy required by the implementer to come from fat but also further requires the energy supply ratio of fat and protein (referring to a certain nutrient for the body's calories, accounting for all the intake) The percentage of calories is controlled at 4:1 or 3:1, and the calorie source heat is strictly controlled below 5% or the intake is less than 20 grams. This means that a large apple may cause the number of carbohydrates to exceed the standard this day.
In fact, the clinical ketogenic diet needs to be carried out under the joint supervision of doctors and dietitians. On one hand, it is necessary to supervise the patient's body in a “ketone” state and monitor the possible risks for timely treatment. It is because such an extreme diet pattern is difficult to adhere to for a long time. Nowadays, the popular ketogenic diet is basically only limiting carbohydrates. Other nutrients are not well controlled, and there is no guidance from doctors or dietitians. It is easy to cause harm to health.
● Prone to acidosis: The ketone body is a kind of acidic substance. Under normal circumstances, the amount in the body is very small. However, if the ketogenic diet is used for a long time, the ketone body will accumulate to a certain extent, and the blood may become acidic and acid poisoning the phenomenon.
● Increase the burden on the kidneys: Excess ketone bodies in the human body must be excreted through the kidneys. Therefore, it is absolutely forbidden to use a ketogenic diet for people with kidney disease, otherwise, it may accelerate the development of kidney disease. For people without kidney disease, a long-term high ketone body will also increase the burden on the kidneys.
● A rebound after a normal diet: For those who have succeeded in ketogenic weight loss, if they start to return to a normal diet, they will find that they are quickly fatter and more fat than before weight loss. This is due to the rapid weight loss in a short time, the normal metabolic balance is broken, and it is prone to retaliatory rebound.
So in Summary, the ketogenic diet is advisable for short-term weight loss, especially for some special occupations. For long-term health, consider other healthy diets.
In the next topics, we would like to introduce a healthier diet, we called the BHB-Exogenous ketosis diet.
- BHB Salts Powder and Polycystic Kidney Disease - Ⅰ
- Consumption of Pterostilbene Will Show A Stable...
- BHB Salts Powder and Weight Loss - Ⅴ
- BHB Salts Powder and Weight Loss - Ⅳ
- BHB Salts Powder and Weight Loss - Ⅲ
- Study on the Protection of Pterostilbene Agains...
- BHB Salts Powder and Weight Loss - Ⅱ
- Study on the Protection of Pterostilbene Agains...
- BHB Salts Powder and Weight Loss - Ⅰ
- Study on the Color Development of Anthracene Di...
- A New Green Synthesis of Di-Indolymethane（DIM） ...
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅶ
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅵ
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅴ
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅳ
- Ketogenic Diet and Epilepsy
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅲ
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅱ
- BHB Salts Powder and Ketogenic Diet - Ⅰ
- DIM Powder and Diet - Ⅲ