Smartphones have brought a lot of convenience to our life since they were born. At the beginning, the function was very simple. After more than ten years' development, it has become a very diversified device. It can not only help us improve our work efficiency, facilitate our communication with friends, but also provide many interesting games and information.
Although the benefits of smartphones are many, if you do not control the time of use, then the harm is also great. Overuse of smartphones not only damages our eyes, but also may cause obesity.
To explore the relationship between the use of smartphones and obesity rates, Mirary Mantilla-Morrón, a cardiac pulmonary and vascular rehabilitation specialist at the Health Sciences Faculty at the Simon Bolivar University in Colombia, conducted a six-month experiment.
A total of 1060 college students participated in the experiment, including 700 women and 360 men. The researchers collected data on the weight of all people and the time of using smartphones for comparison.
After six months of data statistics, the researchers found that 26% of the overweight students and 4.6% of the obese students have a common feature - they spend more than five hours on the smartphones every day.
Mirary also pointed out that spending more than five hours on a smartphones will not only increase the risk of obesity by 43%, but also greatly increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes, joint damage and life expectancy reduction.
In the next article, we are going to explain what happens exactly when we spend too much time on smartphones.
For any query or further information, welcome contact [email protected]. Unipharmpro would always provide you an all-in-one solution.
- High Calories, High Fat, Are Nuts Good for Us? - Ⅱ
- High Calories, High Fat, Are Nuts Good for Us? - Ⅰ
- Brown Rice or White Rice
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅲ
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅱ
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅰ
- Is Dark Chocolate Really a Health Food? - Ⅱ
- Is Dark Chocolate Really a Health Food? - Ⅰ
- You Should Pay More Attention to Your Intestina...
- Smartphone and Obesity - Ⅱ
- Diabetes May Helped Us Survive - Ⅱ
- Diabetes May Helped Us Survive - Ⅰ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅱ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅰ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅳ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅲ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅱ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅰ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅴ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅳ