The quality of your BHB salts will depend on 3 things:
The ratio of salts to exogenous ketones
The distribution of mineral salts
The additional ingredients that make the supplement more palatable.
Here’s how to evaluate these things when you choose exogenous BHB:
1. MORE BHB, FEWER SALTS
A high-quality supplement maximizes the exogenous BHB and adds only the amount of mineral salts that is absolutely necessary.
The most popular mineral salts used in the market are: sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and most supplements use three of them, although some still use only two.
Check the label and make sure the quantity of each mineral salt is below 1g. A BHB salt blend rarely needs more than 1g per mineral to be effective.
For example, the 3 minerals salts used in Perfect Keto Exogenous Ketones provide less than one gram each (0.68g sodium, 0.59g calcium, and 0.32g magnesium).
If a product contains salts above 1g, it usually means the blend is unbalanced.
2. GO FOR BALANCED SALTS
Next, look for a proportionate balance of mineral salts. You don’t want one mineral doing all the heavy lifting.
For example, if a product has 0.3g magnesium, 0.5g calcium, and 0.6g sodium, the salts are well distributed. If a product has 0.95g of sodium and 0.2g of magnesium, it’s unbalanced and not the best choice.
3. STAY AWAY FROM FILLERS
Fillers and texture enhancers like guar gum, xanthan gum, and silica (also named silicon dioxide) are common in commercial exogenous ketone salts, and also completely unnecessary.
To get the purest BHB salts, simply look for the part of the nutritional label that says “other ingredients” and get the product with the shortest list.
For instance, Perfect Keto Exogenous Ketones in the Coffee flavor, only have 3 extra ingredients: stevia, citric acid, and ground coffee powder.
4. AVOID ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS AND CARBS
Flavored BHB salts are a delicious way to boost ketones, but manufacturers can cut corners by adding high carb sweeteners and artificial flavors.
Look for a blend flavored with real ingredients (avoid artificial flavors) and sweetened with natural zero-carb sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit.
Perfect Keto Exogenous Ketones come in 4 flavors: Chocolate Sea Salt, Peaches and Cream, Coffee, and Vanilla — and none of them have artificial flavors or high carb sweeteners.
- Is It Fine To Take Melatonin Every Night?
- Does Melatonin Come In Powder Form?
- What Is Tart Cherry Extract Good For?
- Side Effects Of Favipiravir
- Basic Introduction Of Favipiravir
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Beta-Hydroxybuty...
- What Is Beta-Hydroxybutyrate Magnesium?
- WHEN BHB IS NECESSARY
- BHB VS GLUCOSE AS FUEL
- HOW TO OPTIMIZE BHB LEVELS
- 5 Benefits of Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG)
- Calcium Alpha-ketoglutarate Extended Lifespan
- Long-term Treatment With Ca-AKG Corrects Second...
- A Breif Introduction Of Calcium Alpha-Ketogluta...
- Dietotherapy Function Of Tart Cherry Extract
- HOW EXOGENOUS BHB SALTS ARE MADE
- Here’s All You Need To Know About Using BHB Salts
- ARE BHB SALTS SAFE?
- 10 REASONS BETA-HYDROXYBUTYRATE (BHB) IS A ROCK...
- The Basics of BHB Introduction