Let’s zoom in on how fisetin acts on a cellular level to understand its health benefits. Put your science hat on and get ready to read about some advanced research…
Or if you’d just like the bottom line, skip to the list of benefits below!
At first, fisetin increases antioxidant defense.
It directly neutralizes free radicals and also increases other powerful antioxidants, such as glutathione, superoxide dismutase, catalase.
Secondly, it can block a pathway called NF-κB.
NF-κB is a switch that tells genes to produce inflammatory compounds. An overactive NF-κB response is linked to allergies, autoimmune diseases, and cancer. Plus, fisetin blocks inflammatory enzymes that degrade fatty acids (lipoxygenases).
It also reduces the activity of a group of enzymes (MMPs) that cancers require to spread and invade other tissues.
Fisetin also blocks the mTOR pathway.
mTOR’s demands for energy and growth can throw your cells into a frenzy: metabolic waste builds up – and there’s no time to clean it up. An overactive mTOR response is associated with cancer, diabetes, obesity, and neurodegenerative diseases. By blocking this pathway, fisetin helps remove waste and enhance cellular metabolism.
And here’s the most intriguing part: blocking mTOR increases longevity. In fact, blocking mTOR is the only intervention that increased lifespan in all organisms studied to-date.
This is because once mTOR is blocked, autophagy is activated: a process of recycling damaged cellular components.
It’s worth reminding you, however, that the vast majority of fisetin health effects haven’t yet been confirmed in clinical trials.
- Here’s All You Need To Know About Using BHB Salts
- ARE BHB SALTS SAFE?
- 10 REASONS BETA-HYDROXYBUTYRATE (BHB) IS A ROCK...
- The Basics of BHB Introduction
- 5 BENEFITS OF TAKING EXOGENOUS BHB SALTS
- HOW YOUR BODY MAKES AND USES BHB
- Brief Introduction Of BHB
- An Overview Of BHB
- WHAT IS BETA-HYDROXYBUTYRATE (BHB)?
- BHB Maybe Can Attenuates Salt-sensitive Hyperte...
- Side Effects You Should Know About Fisetin
- The Role Of Fisetin For Heart Health
- The Role Of Fisetin For Diabetes And Its Compli...
- The Role Of Fisetin For Anticancer Potential
- The Role Of Fisetin For Anti-Aging
- What Is Fisetin?
- Fisetin As An Anticancer
- WHAT ARE THE BEST SOURCES OF COLLAGEN?
- The Most Comprehensive Introduction For Fish Co...
- Fish Collagen Vs. Other Types