There are many kinds of collagen sold, in addition to different sources, but also according to the molecular weight of the article, some promote peptides, oligopeptides, small (low) molecular peptides and so on.
Can you tell the difference between them?
What is protein?
Protein is a complex organic compound that constitutes an organism. The basic unit of protein is amino acid, which forms peptide chain by dehydration and condensation. A protein is a biological macromolecule consisting of one or more polypeptide chains. Collagen (Collagen), also known as collagen, is a spiral fibrous protein made of three peptide chains. It is the third most active protein in human body except immunoglobulin and enzyme protein.
What is collagen?
Collagen is a common protein in animals. It exists in the form of collagen fibers and has strong biological activity and biological function. It can participate in cell migration, differentiation and proliferation, and make bone, tendon, cartilage and skin have certain mechanical strength. Some 16% of human components are protein, collagen accounts for 30~40% of the total protein in the body, so there are about 3 Kg of collagen in adults, mainly in skin muscles, bones, teeth, viscera (such as stomach, intestine, heart, lung, blood vessels and esophagus) and eyes.
What is a peptide?
Peptide is a protein subunit composed of amino acids. Generally speaking ,50 amino acids are called peptides, and more than 50 amino acids are called proteins. Modern science will also distinguish peptides from proteins by functional structure.
The difference between oligopeptide and polypeptide is the difference of amino acids in collagen.
In order to maintain the basic structure of collagen and facilitate digestion and absorption, it is usually considered that 3000-5000 Dalton molecular weight collagen polypeptide is the most suitable for human absorption and utilization.
The smaller the molecular weight, the easier it is to absorb, but consider effectiveness.
So it's not scientific to absorb collagen in terms of its molecular weight Collagen structure, efficacy, absorption and so on is a system, can not be disassembled, out of context.
- The Role Of Fisetin For Heart Health
- The Role Of Fisetin For Diabetes And Its Compli...
- The Role Of Fisetin For Anticancer Potential
- The Role Of Fisetin For Anti-Aging
- What Is Fisetin?
- Fisetin As An Anticancer
- WHAT ARE THE BEST SOURCES OF COLLAGEN?
- The Most Comprehensive Introduction For Fish Co...
- Fish Collagen Vs. Other Types
- Proofs Of Fish Collagen Peptide’s Benefits
- Magic Fish Collagen Peptide
- What Melatonin Can Do For You?
- Precautions For Fish Collagen Consumption
- Can EGCG Prevent And Cure The COVID-19?
- Bacopa Monnieri Extract May Have Antioxidant Ef...
- Bacopa Monniera May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- What's Calcium HMB Powder?
- Can Children Take Melatonin Safely?
- Is Bacopa Monnieri Really Have Many Benefits Fo...
- Melatonin And Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)