Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a chronic inflammatory gastrointestinal disease. It has a higher disease rate worldwide. Western diets can cause intestinal permeability, and chronic inflammation of the intestines which including high sugar, red processed meats, and small amounts of vegetables. Eventually, it leads to IBD. Compared with traditional drugs, it is a better choice to supply healthy phytochemicals.
Broccoli, cabbage, and kale are cruciferous vegetables that are rich in indole-3-methanol. It can produce 3,3-diindolylmethane(DIM) when the gastrointestinal tract digests indole-3-methanol. It has been found that diindolylmethane is an anti-inflammatory ingredient. Diindolylmethane has the effect of treating many human colorectal cancers and experimental colitis in mice. In the experiments of the cell model and mouse model，it has been confirmed that The immune mechanism of diindolylmethane prevents colorectal cancer and IBD. Although it has a direct relationship between the dysfunction of Intestinal permeability and the pathogenesis of IBD, more evidence is required on the role of diindolylmethane in intestinal permeability.
Therefore, diindolylmethane can provide a potential choice for the treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- What Are The Side Effects Of Diindolylmethane？
- Is Diindolylmethane Good For Breast Cancer?
- Is Melatonin Safe For Dogs?
- What Is The Effect Of Diindolylmethane On Estro...
- How Does DIM Support Muscle Growth?
- Can PQQ Save Your Declining Memory?
- PQQ Can Anti-Aging Better For Women
- Will PQQ Become The 14th Vitamin?
- PQQ: What Comes From The Star
- What Happens If You Eat Too Much Melatonin?
- Does PQQ Protect Your Liver?
- Is Melatonin Addictive？
- Is Melatonin Safe During Pregnancy？
- A New Choose For The Treatment Of Parkinson's D...