Diabetes has become one of the most serious diseases endangering human health in modern society. It can cause blindness, heart disease, stroke and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
Although diabetes has caused us a lot of harm, but some researchers think that diabetes actually helped people survive a long time ago. Does this sound strange? Let me explain it.
Scientists have done a study on diabetes in Europe. They found that in Europe, the more northward you go, the higher the incidence of diabetes. In other words, the colder the area, the higher the blood sugar. Why is that? Scientists think it's biological instinct. For example: grapes that have undergone low temperature and frost will wrinkle and shrink. The wine made from them is called ice wine, which tastes very good. They sugar content is 18-28, while the general wine sugar content is 0-3. In other words, grapes at low temperature have higher sugar content.
When water freezes, it forms sharp hexagonal crystals, like snowflakes. Sharp crystals can pierce the cell walls of living things. Both plant cells and animal cells are destroyed by frozen body fluids. Therefore, in order to prevent the damage caused by freezing at low temperature, the grape will first release water, making the surface shrink. Then it will raise the sugar and lower the freezing point. Sugar is a natural antifreeze. It is not only for animals and plants, but also for humans.
In the next article, we will show you how this property of sugar helps people survive.
For any query or further information, welcome contact [email protected]. Unipharmpro would always provide you an all-in-one solution.
- Brown Rice or White Rice
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅲ
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅱ
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods - Ⅰ
- Is Dark Chocolate Really a Health Food? - Ⅱ
- Is Dark Chocolate Really a Health Food? - Ⅰ
- You Should Pay More Attention to Your Intestina...
- Smartphone and Obesity - Ⅱ
- Smartphone and Obesity - Ⅰ
- Diabetes May Helped Us Survive - Ⅱ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅱ
- Are Fruits Really Healthy？ - Ⅰ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅳ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅲ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅱ
- Winter Weight Gain - Ⅰ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅴ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅳ
- Turmeric Face Mask-I
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅲ