In the previous article, we learned what carbohydrates are and how they relate to blood sugar. In this article we will learn about the relationship between sugar and fat, diabetes.
The first thing we need to know is insulin. The role of insulin is to lower blood sugar. There are three ways in which insulin lowers blood sugar:
1. Burning sugar to support energy (the body can consume a lot of calories per day)
2. Synthetic glycogen storage for backup (normal people can store 100 grams of liver glycogen)
3. Convert sugar into fat storage
Because of the unlimited inventory capacity of fat cells, excess sugar is continuously converted into fat, and obesity is therefore formed.
Excess carbohydrates can easily cause diabetes in addition to obesity. If you eat high-carbohydrate foods for a long time, insulin needs to constantly transfer glucose from the blood to other cells in the body to lower blood sugar. Over time, these cells will gradually stop listening to the instruction of insulin and become resistant to it.
Because of insulin resistance, insulin can no longer effectively lower blood sugar, which leads to high blood sugar. Long-term high blood sugar can cause inflammation in the body and cause complications in various organs of the body, which is what we often call diabetes.
Everyone knows that eating too much sugar will increase the risk of diabetes and obesity. But we often neglect the sugar in rice, noodles and other high-carbon foods. We should pay more attention to this issue.
For any query or further information, welcome contact [email protected]. Unipharmpro would always provide you an all-in-one solution.
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅴ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅳ
- Turmeric Face Mask-I
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅲ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅱ
- Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) - Ⅰ
- Carbohydrate - Ⅲ
- Identification of Turmeric Root Extract
- Carbohydrate - Ⅱ
- Carbohydrate - Ⅰ
- Application of Turmeric Root Extract in Medicine
- Carbohydrates, Fat and Diabetes - Ⅰ
- The Ketogenic Diet Has a History of Tens of Tho...
- The Ways to Improve the Bioavailability of Turm...
- The Use of Turmeric Root Extract In Food
- BHB Salts Powder and Polycystic Kidney Disease - Ⅴ
- BHB Salts Powder and Polycystic Kidney Disease - Ⅳ
- BHB Salts Powder and Polycystic Kidney Disease - Ⅲ
- Turmeric Root Extract-UNP
- BHB Salts Powder and Polycystic Kidney Disease - Ⅱ