Jan.2017,Harvard Health Publishing published an article on whether Vitamin C can prevent colds.
Viewpoint of the article are as below:
1, Research found that among extremely active people-such as marathon runners, skiers, and Army troops doing heavy exercise in subarctic conditions-taking as least 200mg of vitamin C every day appeared to cut the risk of getting a cold in half.But for the general population, taking daily vitamin C did not reduce the risk of getting a cold.
2, Taking at least 200mg of vitamin C per day did appear to reduce the duration of cold symptoms by an average of 8% in adults and 14% in children, which translated to about one less day of illness. “That could be important for some people, since the common cold causes 23 million lost days of work each year.” says Dr. Bistrian (Chief of clinical nutrition at Harvard-affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.).
3, If you want the benefits of vitamin C, you’ll need to consume it every day, and not just at the start of cold symptoms.
4, What about claims that massive doses of vitamin C can help prevent a cold? Some studies have suggested there may be a benefit, but they required doses of 8000mg per day.
5, At doses above 400mg, vitamin C is excreted in the urine. A daily dose of 2000mg or more can cause nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and it may interfere with tests for blood sugar.
- Bacopa Monnieri Extract May Have Antioxidant Ef...
- Bacopa Monniera May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- What's Calcium HMB Powder?
- Can Children Take Melatonin Safely?
- Is Bacopa Monnieri Really Have Many Benefits Fo...
- Melatonin And Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Bacopa Monnieri Extract Can Be Used To Cure AD
- The Classic Active Ingredient-vitamin C For Ski...
- Foods High In Melatonin
- How To Take Melatonin?
- Pharmacological Action Of Vitamin C On Cancer
- Who Is Suitable For Melatonin
- Antiaging Effects Of Melatonin Is Approved
- Why Do People Need To GABA Supplement?
- Delay Aging And Prolong Life? You Need To Know ...
- GABA, 3rd Gerneration Sleep Aid
- Human Brain Soothing Agent-GABA Bulk Powder
- Can BCAA Help To Reduce Muscle Loss When Traini...
- Function Of BCAA Bulk Powders In Brief
- Some Notes About BCAA Bulk Powders