Calcium Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG) is a compound created naturally in the body but diminishes as we age.
A 2008 review article on the subject noted Ca-AKG blood levels can drop by a factor of ten between the ages of 40 and 80, suggesting that Ca-AKG supplementation in middle-age could have longevity promoting effects into old age. It is part of the Krebs cycle and a precursor for several amino acids (e.g. glutamate, glutamine, leucine, and proline).In the Krebs cycle, alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase (AKGDH), the rate-limiting step in the Krebs cycle, decarboxylates AKG to succinyl-CoA.
A multi year study at the Buck Institute for Research on aging has indicated that in animal models, Ca-AKG can promote longer, healthier lives associated with a decrease in levels of inflammatory cytokines. Furthermore, the reduction in frailty was observed to be more dramatic than the increase in lifespan, suggesting that Ca-AKG compresses the period of later-life suffering of disease. The same study found that Ca-AKG was found to modulate the pathways that are associated with healthy aging, including DNA de-methylation, and potentially decreases biological age as defined by the science of biological clocks.
The researchers found that mice in the test group experienced a 12% increase in lifespan, and perhaps even more significantly, a 46% reduction in frailty, and 41% increase in healthspan.
An mice study reported that Ca-AKG has the function as an antioxidan.
It’s potential health-related benefits for human:
1.Promoting cellular energy
2.Supporting the fight of free radicals
3.Detoxifing ammonia levels in cells
4.Helping maintain DNA structure
- Basic Introduction Of Favipiravir
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Beta-Hydroxybuty...
- What Is Beta-Hydroxybutyrate Magnesium?
- WHEN BHB IS NECESSARY
- BHB VS GLUCOSE AS FUEL
- HOW TO OPTIMIZE BHB LEVELS
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BHB SALTS
- 5 Benefits of Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG)
- Calcium Alpha-ketoglutarate Extended Lifespan
- Long-term Treatment With Ca-AKG Corrects Second...
- Dietotherapy Function Of Tart Cherry Extract
- HOW EXOGENOUS BHB SALTS ARE MADE
- Here’s All You Need To Know About Using BHB Salts
- ARE BHB SALTS SAFE?
- 10 REASONS BETA-HYDROXYBUTYRATE (BHB) IS A ROCK...
- The Basics of BHB Introduction
- 5 BENEFITS OF TAKING EXOGENOUS BHB SALTS
- HOW YOUR BODY MAKES AND USES BHB
- Brief Introduction Of BHB
- An Overview Of BHB