International Famous Aging Journal ”Aging” published an article in 2016,which is a study of Second Military Medical University,showed the functional of Bacopaside I from Bacopa monniera for Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimer's disease (AD) is one of the most common neurodegenerative diseases worldwide. The pathogenesis of the disease, which currently lacks a curative treatment, is associated with the accumulation of amyloid β (Aβ) in the brain. Many recently published studies have found that some natural small molecules can significantly clear Aβ from the brain.
Bacopa monniera (BME) is classified in classical Indian Ayurveda medicine system as a plant-derived drug and is used as a nervine tonic to ameliorate mental health and improve memory and intellect. Earlier experimental and clinical studies have demonstrated the memory-promoting and cognitive-enhancing action of the plant extract. Although BME is a well-known neuroprotective agent, the actual therapeutic role and molecular mechanism of its major active component,Bacopaside I BS-I, has not yet been evaluated in AD pathology. The data from their study represent the first evidence to support that the prolonged administration of Bacopaside I(BS-I) can ameliorate the age-related cognitive impairments and Aβ accumulation observed in APP/PS1 mice.
In conclusion, the study demonstrate that BS-I can reduce the Aβ level in the brains of AD mice, protect neurons from injury, improve the activity of antioxidative enzymes and ameliorate cognitive impairment in the APP/PS1 mouse model.
This report is the first to describe the mechanism and molecular signaling network of BS-I using a systems biology strategy. Many reports have found that saponins have neuroprotective activity and proposed various hypotheses for the mechanism of this activity. This research yielded a more credible hypothesis based on systemic data. Specifically, saponins may regulate the immune and inflammatory responses to play a neuroprotective role. Studies reporting the immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory activity of saponins support this conclusion.
The results from the study will guide future studies of BS-I like saponins as candidates for Aβ-based therapeutics to modify Aβ pathology in AD.
- Magic Fish Collagen Peptide
- What Melatonin Can Do For You?
- Precautions For Fish Collagen Consumption
- Can EGCG Prevent And Cure The COVID-19?
- Bacopa Monnieri Extract May Have Antioxidant Ef...
- Bacopa Monniera May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- What's Calcium HMB Powder?
- Can Children Take Melatonin Safely?
- Is Bacopa Monnieri Really Have Many Benefits Fo...
- Melatonin And Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- The Classic Active Ingredient-vitamin C For Ski...
- Foods High In Melatonin
- How To Take Melatonin?
- Can Vitamin C Prevent A Cold?
- Pharmacological Action Of Vitamin C On Cancer
- Who Is Suitable For Melatonin
- Antiaging Effects Of Melatonin Is Approved
- Why Do People Need To GABA Supplement?
- Delay Aging And Prolong Life? You Need To Know ...
- GABA, 3rd Gerneration Sleep Aid